Products Design and Animation Internship 2021
Are you currently studying Product Design, Engineering, Animation or any other creative technology degree? Would you like to use your academic background and creative skills to enable product designs that your consumer will love?
What you can expect
Our internship programme runs for up to 12 months starting in July 2021, however, we will also consider candidates available for shorter periods. The UK focus for Engineering, Product Design and Animation are at our Gillette R&D centre in Reading.
What does it take to come up with some of the world’s most well-known brands? Well, a whole lot of science, to start. We are talking big innovations, small bets, groundbreaking technology, state-of-the-art labs, micro-scale plants and a team full of inventors to make this happen. During your internship, you will be entrusted to work on real projects on some of our most loved brands.
- Use state of the art digital animation and app design to communicate new product benefits to consumers via online platforms to meet customer and business requirements.
- Assess and understand consumer, technology, market, online, competitive and IP landscape to lead the technical research and design of new product forms for developing markets.
- Apply engineering principles while developing functional razor prototypes using advanced 3D printing facilities to iteratively test with consumers to answer significant technical problems.
We offer you:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your projects from the beginning, you will be able to have an impact on the business from the beginning, working on projects given by the European team including senior leadership
- Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems working with our advanced technologies
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Compensation & Benefits: you will receive a competitive internship salary as well as other benefits whilst you are with us
- Job Recommendation: successful interns will be recommended for hire for a full-time role with P&G upon graduation
- Are a student in your penultimate or final year of your degree (Bachelors or Masters) studying Product Design, Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Design), Animation, Data Science or any other ‘Creative Technology’ degree
- Have Academic excellence at all stages throughout school and University education with a passion for research and innovation
- Possess technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and your collaboration skills.
Note that in R&D we are looking for creative digital skills, but we cannot offer typical ‘IT type’ internships. If your passion is around an IT role please check the Information Technology vacancies.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2021 – however roles fill fast and are filled on an ongoing basis so apply early to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to remove the role earlier than the deadline if it has been filled.