Graduate Account Analyst London 2022
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Account Analysts serve a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of servicing PIMCO’s clients. The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s client-servicing professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. Account Analysts gather, analyse and discuss economic trends, support external reporting requirements, and deliver performance attribution analyses to account managers.
- PIMCO Investment Professionals including other members of the Account Management Group, Product Managers and Associates, and Portfolio Managers and Trade Assistant
- Current and prospective clients
- Gather, analyze, and discuss market trends and data with colleagues and clients
- Analyze portfolio characteristics in the context of broader investment themes
- Evaluate risk reports, perform attribution research and conduct scenario analysis
- Create customized client reports and respond to ad-hoc inquiries
- Draft internal presentations and prepare client-servicing materials
- Summarize and explain complex financial and economic concepts to educate clients
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every new Analyst begins their career with a rigorous formal training programme providing the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your role. Your informal training will continue throughout your career at PIMCO – every day, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship through the early stages of your career.
- Applicants should submit their CV & cover letter once for consideration for the role described above. We will determine fit based upon background and skill requirements.
- Submit your CV and cover letter through pimco.com
- Final year of study with an anticipated graduation date of 2021 or 2022
- Expected minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) at an accredited college or university.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in additional European languages highly desirable.
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, self-starter, accountable, flexibility to adapt in a changing environment.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office