- Thrive under pressure taking a positive attitude when overcoming obstacles?
- Respond promptly when presented with new information or changes that impact your work?
- Form meaningful relationships with a variety of people, taking the time to see things from another perspective?
- Feel confident adapting your communication style to suit your audience?
- Take a methodological approach to solving complex problems, considering all eventualities and risks?
- Ensure that you have gathered sufficient information needed to make an informed opinion
If this sounds like you then you are the talented and driven individuals we are looking for who have the potential to become great police detectives.
Crime is changing, and so are we.
At Police Now we have expanded our vision, to further complement existing measures that Government and the Police are taking to keep the public safe, and now offer the opportunity to join one of eight police forces across the UK as a trainee detective. Our new national detective leadership programme has been designed to equip you with the skills required in modern investigative work, with a strong emphasis on digital training, delivering systems change and innovation, allowing you to contribute to the outstanding work already being done by existing detectives up and down the country.
Applicants need to have at least two years of work experience completed after graduation. You don’t need any previous policing knowledge or experience and we are looking for you to become a leader in society and on the policing frontline, representing the diversity of the communities you serve. If your application is successful, we ask is that you are ready to begin our new 12-week Academy in September 2019.
From the beginning of your journey with us, you will receive high-intensity tutoring and mentoring from detectives in the force to help you achieve operational competence, combined with support from Police Now Leadership Development Officers who will help you to maximise your impact and develop your leadership skills.
You can learn more about the Detectives programme on our website where you can also:
- ask one of our Police Now Insiders a question
- read advice and tips to help you with your application
- be supported by a digital mentor through our application process
Applications will close on 30 April 2019 for the following police forces:
- Avon & Somerset Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Greater Manchester Police
- North Wales Police
- South Wales Police
- Staffordshire Police
- Warwickshire Police
- West Mercia Police
We are delighted that you are considering applying, and are engaged with our mission to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public’s confidence in policing.
Good luck with your application.