Reporter London 2023
This is an opportunity for an enterprising journalist with experience in reporting finance, business, or economics news to establish themselves as an authoritative voice in the world of alternative assets.
Reporting to the editor of Preqin News, you’ll produce the critical stories that our global audience of alternative assets professionals need to read. With our proprietary data at your disposal, you will be well-placed to craft timely and insightful news and comment on alternative assets that our target audience will struggle to find elsewhere.
You’ll be part of an ambitious, growing team that’s client-driven and collaborative, helping to foster engagement with prospective and existing customers, as well as the broader market.
You will be joining the world’s leading data and insights provider for the alternative assets market. We empower the global financial community with critical information and leading analytics solutions to help them make faster and smarter investment decisions, and to make them with confidence. A forward-thinking company, we lead our industry through innovation. We trust in the power of data, and we use it to increase transparency in alternatives. We believe that access to information leads to more investment in the ideas and infrastructure that build strong communities.
In this role you will:
- Research and write daily news stories underpinned by Preqin’s powerful alternative assets data platform, Preqin Pro.
- Work effectively with reporters, editors, researchers, and analysts to ensure that Preqin News is always up to date with the issues that matter most to our readers.
- Interview decision-makers within the alternative assets sector and effectively identify and communicate the key takeaways.
- Explore and deliver innovative ways of producing content.
You are a good fit if you have:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience reporting on financial, business or economics news.
- A track record in writing tight, timely, and compelling news stories for a professional audience.
- An ability to identify and pitch ideas for stories that cater for a universe of alternative assets professionals.
- Good understanding of financial markets and investment, and are comfortable working with data.
- A solid understanding of economics paired with an awareness of current events, and an ability to write thoughtfully about how both affect the alternative assets industry.
- The ability to work independently – delivering multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Experience of a daily publishing cycle and digital platforms.
- Familiarity with CMS systems
- The opportunity to work within a well-regarded organisation in a fast-growing sector.
- Develop your career in a high growth company with an international presence.
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance via BUPA, after successful completion of 3 months should you wish to.
- Interest-free season ticket loans on completion of probation.
- A pension plan under auto-enrolment which currently requires a minimum employee contribution of 5% of annual salary. This is matched by an employer contribution of 4%. You can opt to contribute more should you wish to. After your 1-year service with the company the employer contribution will be enhanced to match your contribution up to a maximum of 10% of your pensionable earnings. This means that if you are contributing the minimum contribution of 5%, after your 1-year service, Preqin will automatically uplift the company contribution to 5% of annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Study support of up to £900 per annum for relevant business qualifications and enhanced support of up to $2,500 for CAIA.
- Excellent Offices in London close to Victoria station and the proximity to many shops and restaurants and London’s West End.
- Company-sponsored sports teams.
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget.
Our culture and values
At Preqin, we’re aligned around common values – our shared beliefs that shape Preqin’s corporate culture:
We exist for our customers. We listen to them and understand their challenges. We design best-in-class data solutions for their success.
Act with integrity
We build trust through honesty and transparency. We’re committed to doing the right thing for our customers, our company, and each other.
Own your success
We’re a high-performance team. We challenge and champion each other in our pursuit of excellence. We never stop learning and strive to become experts in our fields.
We lead the industry through innovation. We foster collaboration and creativity to solve our clients’ next challenge and give them a competitive advantage.
Make an impact
We drive positive change as individuals, and as a company. We’re passionate about creating a better tomorrow for our industry and our communities.
Preqin is an equal opportunity employer, with diversity at the heart of our business. It is the policy of Preqin to ensure equal employment and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Preqin is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, so everyone has the opportunity to be successful. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please let the Preqin recruiter know at the start of the application process. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process.