Cotswold Water Park Travel Plan Internship Cirencester 2022
Cotswold Water Park is a network of over 150 lakes to the south of Cirencester. The Water Park is an important habitat for wildlife including a number of rare and protected species – but is also a popular destination for recreation and tourism. Sometimes those two requirements can be in tension with each other, as visitors can place pressure on the sensitive environment.
Your role as Cotswold District Council’s Water Park Travel Plan Intern will help us to resolve a major source of this pressure. We wish to reduce the number of visitors travelling to and around the Water Park by car and increase the proportion travelling by sustainable modes – walking, cycling and public transport. Working with Cotswold District Council, our charity partners Cotswold Lakes Trust and Sustrans and businesses in the Water Park, you will be responsible for writing a Travel Plan for the area, which will enable us to identify and prioritise the actions we should take to help people travel to the Water Park without their car.
You will need
- Studying towards or recently (in the past 18 months) achieved a degree in transport planning, town planning, geography, sustainable development or related field.
- A basic understanding of the factors governing how people travel in a rural area and how they can be encouraged and enabled to reduce car use
- Practical research skills – the ability to design, collect and analyse data to inform a strategy
- The ability to undertake work – including field work – independently, including travelling to and around the Cotswold Water Park.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Who we are
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- Additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- Life assurance, currently four times your annual salary