IT Graduate Work Placement Belfast 2021
Our purpose - to build trust in society and solve important problems - has never felt more relevant. We bring our purpose to life through our focus on our clients, our people and the communities in which we live and work to address current and future challenges. As one of the world’s leading professional services organisations, attracting the right talent continues to be paramount. Investing in our people is central to our mission and inclusive culture. Whether it be empowering our people to learn new skills for the digital world, to reimagine the possible on how we work with clients, or to be open-minded on how we care for and support each other, we want to create an environment where our people can be the best they can be.
Graduate Work Placement
Our graduate work placement gives you an opportunity to gain eleven months practical work experience with us. You’ll work alongside experienced professionals on live and interesting projects. So you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC.
What you'll do
Work on real IT assignments, learn about working in an IT department and get exposure to PwC as a business. These eleven month placements will give you the opportunity to gain experience on some of the following areas
- Data Intelligence - You’ll support a range of services, from publishing standard reports, supporting colleagues perform self-service analytics, through to the development of complex predictive analytical models. In a fast moving environment, you’ll learn about current analytics tools and get first-hand experience of the value created through insight into data.
- Projects - Ensuring the delivery of the full range of small to large IT projects, ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered in line with the expectations of our business. Working in a high performing and focused area, you’ll have opportunities to learn about project management and agile software delivery methods.
- Enterprise Information Technology - This group is accountable for underpinning and enabling the key IT services that span the UK and other territories. You’ll be involved with the delivery of high quality and stable services that align with PwC strategy and its business needs.
- Innovation - You’ll be exposed to emerging technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and have the opportunity to work on exciting, innovative solutions. You’ll be involved in rapid prototyping, developing minimal viable products and research.
- Service Delivery - A cycle of experience in Service Delivery will give you a good overall perspective of the types of products and services utilised by PwC, as well as the challenges faced in delivering them. These include strategic planning, financial management and project delivery, through to 'business as usual' operations, service performance and improvement initiatives.
- Operations - Really are the foundations that support all other areas of technology. Whether it’s cloud, VoIP, customer or application support, you’ll get first-hand experience of what it takes to deliver a complex ecosystem, supporting the world’s leading professional services network in the UK.
What you'll need
You’ll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study