Applied Science Physiology Industrial Placement 2021
In the Human Performance group we are looking for graduates & undergraduates with a physiology, or related, degree to join our 80+ strong multidisciplinary team. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to a broad range of research and assessment for defence and civil projects. These projects will likely span a number of areas, including altitude protection, thermal protection, spatial disorientation, G protection, fatigue and musculoskeletal injury.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Trials in unique environmental facilities around the UK to support the development of protective clothing and equipment
- Cutting edge research into understanding the physiological effects of challenging military and civil environments
- Contributing to some of most challenging, high profile science and technology programmes in the UK and overseas.
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of military, government and commercial customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of a two year graduate programme or year in industry placement programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or on track to attain, a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in physiology or a related field
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Hold full British Citizenship
It would be desirable that you have skills, qualifications (including degree modules), or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Human physiology in extreme environments eg thermal, altitude
- Human physiological measurement
- Human trials
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!