Cyber, Secure Communications & IT Year in Industry
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
We are looking for an undergraduate who has finished their penultimate years at university to work across multiple teams within the range engineering department in order to gain knowledge and experience of the wider support required to facilitate Range operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The individual will attain knowledge and practical experience of engineering maintenance activities within a weapons Range. We offer Test and Evaluation of air, land and surface platforms and their associated weapons systems and munitions. The offering includes provision of air and sea targets, data analysis and mobile instrumentation. During this placement, the candidate will also have the opportunity to work on systems engineering functions for the Air Range Modernisation investment projects. The combination of these aspects will provide the candidate with experience across a broad range of the UK Spec criteria as determined by the UK Engineering council and provide foundation required to support registration with the Engineering Council via a relevant accredited body.
The successful individual will:
- Develop a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology.
- Identify, review and select techniques, procedures and methods to undertake engineering tasks.
- Contribute to the design and development of engineering solutions.
- Support planning for effective project implementation.
- Develop effective interpersonal skills.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Finishing the penultimate year of a Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, mathematics or other science subject
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in technology or electronic systems
Please be aware that some of our roles are subject to both security & export control restrictions which means you would need to have obtained the right to stay and work within the UK
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Recognition and Bonus Scheme
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Flexible working
- Volunteering scheme to help charities & local communities
- 24 / 7 Employee assistance programme to support you in your work and personal life
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social events
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Much more!