Project Management Industrial Placement Malvern 2024
It’s an exciting time to join one of our Early Careers programmes at QinetiQ. We are always looking for great people to join our team, whether you are taking your first steps in starting a career or you are looking to make a career change, we have a wide range of exciting opportunities for you.
Project Managers work directly in our sectors, collaborating with our customers and our internal teams of experts to deliver cutting-edge solutions to performance, cost and time objectives. They help define the scope of a project, assist in planning how to deliver it, and manage all resources to turn the plan into a reality. Project Managers have excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to foresee risks and overcome issues, and the determination to see projects through to a successful conclusion. You will be part of a project team and shadow a Project Manager to provide you with the experience and knowledge you require to develop.
Our Project Management Year in Industry placements provide a structured introduction to the profession, allowing you to explore on-the-job learning while taking a year out of University. Our highly skilled Project Managers will provide you with experience and knowledge in order for you to develop your project management skills.
What will I be doing?
As part of the Year in Industry, you could be responsible for activities such as;
Support Project/Programme and Portfolio Managers and teams
- Support with the delivery of project outputs, to agreed baseline, customer satisfaction, time, cost, and quality.
- Support Project Managers in reviews with their project team, and attend and support at customer meetings.
- Support with the maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for projects and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Support with the activities in the early stages of the lifecycle including working on proposals, estimates at the bid stage and attending reviews.
- Support the team in identifying major milestones, what decision points to utilise in the project life-cycle and other project events.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
Support the Project Management Office (PMO) - Project Controls capability
- Support to the Project Controls team with data and information to enable reporting and decision making, including highlighting inconsistencies in the data/information and recommending suitable actions.
- Support the following project controls activities within the project controls team; planning, scheduling, document control and other project control related activities.
- Working closely with Project Managers and project teams to monitor project finances, milestones, debtors, invoicing and cash collection.
- Support Project Controls improvement activity, and sharing knowledge skills and best practice.
- Work closely with Project Managers to support in developing and maintaining detailed resource loaded schedules of projects.
- Support with troubleshooting and monitor potential scheduling problems.
- Report on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
You will need to be studying towards at least a 2:2 in your degree with a key focus on any of the disciplines listed below:
- Project Management
- Business (All)
- STEM (All)
- Any experience in leadership roles; include hobbies, work or academic projects.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
In accordance with our National Security Vetting requirements, all applicants must also be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum. Please refer to this link for further guidance - UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Please note that under immigrations rules, our Early Careers roles do not meet the legal threshold for candidates who are residents of the UK on student visas.