Project Management Year in Industry
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
The Project Management community work directly in the business units and have Performance Excellence as a function providing professional standards, and career guidance.
Our Project Management Year in Industry’s serve offering support around the business units, or within our deployable pool serving one of our portfolios or major projects. Normally focussed on project controls which build inward facing analytical skills such as project finance and scheduling.
We also support time for our Year in Industry’s in adjacent functions like Strategy and Supply Chain Management.
Role Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for;
- Providing the Project Control team with data and information to enable reporting and decision making in IDTs and other large and complex strategic programmes, including highlighting inconsistencies in the data/information and recommending suitable actions
- Provide the following project controls functions within the project team; planning, scheduling, document control and other project document creation and management.
- Work with the project team to monitor project finance; debtors and cash collection, calculation of accruals, collation of cost journals and facility costs.
- Supporting Project Controls improvement activity, and sharing knowledge skills and best practice.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
- Highlighting conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to assist in developing and maintaining detailed resource loaded schedules of projects
- Help the team in Identifying major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems
- Report on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the below criteria;
- Enrolled in completing a degree in a Business, Management or a STEM subject
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have excellent numerate and literate skills, written and oral form, be capable of creating good relationships
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector providing Safety Engineering skills, you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Company bonus scheme
- Performance incentive bonus scheme
- Individual reward scheme for their contribution to our business
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contribution scheme
- Much more (which can be explained during your application phase).