Software Engineering Graduate 2021
The QinetiQ Software discipline supports a broad range of our capabilities from designing submarines to providing cyber-security services, and is at the forefront of developing innovative software solutions to meet the demanding requirements of our customers and partner organisations.
We are a group of professional software developers and engineers who work across the land, sea, air and space domains of the business. We use the latest software development technologies and techniques to develop innovative software solutions.
You would be involved in
- Supporting novel equipment trials and military exercises both in the UK and internationally
- Delivering systems that monitor and protect our critical national infrastructure (e.g. TOTEM)
- Contributing to some of most challenging, high profile science and technology programmes in the UK and overseas.
- Engineering embedded, real-time systems for high integrity applications
Who we want
- Our Software Engineering teams are looking to recruit proactive, passionate and forward thinking people who are looking to help improve today & shape tomorrow.
- We are looking for apprentices wanting a career in software development, integration and test to join our team of over 200 experts. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of programmes for military, government and commercial customers to support the protection of national critical infrastructure.
- Achieved or on track to achieve a bachelor’s degree or higher degree in a related discipline.
- To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subject
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in technology and engineering
- Be proficient in at least one high level programming language
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.