Graduate Roles and Placements 2021-22
Quick Release is a high-growth global SME evolving at pace to address the data and information management challenges of manufacturing and engineering organizations. We work with a range of customers (from start-ups to global brands) to release the untapped potential of their people, systems and processes, so they can get better, greener products to market faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Fundamentally, we are problem solvers and advisors who use a combination of quality data and reporting, project management, people skills and the collective knowledge of our amazing team to challenge the way companies develop and manufacture their products. We don’t just propose solutions, we roll up our sleeves, get stuck in and deliver them.
Quick Release is more than a management consultancy though… we’re a united collective dedicated to building a better workplace. We aim for every team member to
- Enjoy and feel a sense of ownership of their work,
- Get recognition and feel valued for their contribution
- Gain the support and encouragement they need to develop personally and professionally.
We love to learn, we love our colleagues, we love making a difference, and we love to make people smile.
As a business, we’ve been super successful in achieving our aims over the past 15 years, growing to 240 team members across five countries, and we head into 2021 with renewed excitement and gratitude as the business continues to grow despite the global pandemic.
QR_ Placements & Graduate Jobs
Any position with Quick Release is a fully immersive experience involving early responsibility and a fairly steep learning curve, but with the support, training and tools you need to succeed.
Typically, in your first year on the job, or in a placement, you can expect to become a releasing specialist; coordinating a team to deliver results in a large multi-national OEM (listed above). You will be fully integrated into our company, with a culture of openness, support and problem sharing, so help and advice from experienced colleagues and directors will always be available to you.
Whilst not core engineering, the role is set within an engineering environment and comprises elements of data management, project management, business administration and consultancy. The level of ownership you have over a project can be flexible and ultimately determined by your own development. We also have opportunities for you to develop your programming skills with our Special Projects Team, or you can look to get involved with any number of Business Working Groups which look to develop different areas and functions of the business.
Apart from the work and training opportunities, we have regular team events and any number of clubs, projects and initiatives. I'm pleased to say that our Glassdoor reviews seem to suggest we're succeeding on this front and we're very proud of our overwhelmingly positive team reviews.
What are we looking for?
- You love solving problems and thinking up smart solutions.
- You’re positive, outgoing and gregarious – you genuinely value professional relationships and you’re willing to put the effort in to nurturing them.
- You’re unafraid of presenting to groups, with great speaking and listening skills.
- You’ll need to be good with data… but as long as you can show potential, we can teach most of this.
- You genuinely enjoy owning your own projects and working hard to see them succeed.
A technical and analytical mind is essential. Comprehensive induction training and on-going personal development are provided, so no specific experience is required, but a good knowledge of MS Excel would be an advantage.
If you answered “yes – that’s me” to ALL of the above, then we want to hear from you asap!
What would you be doing (the first 6 months)…
- Learning the QR approach to problem solving and upskilling on the technical side of product data management. (PDM).
- Learning about the automotive industry, product development and product lifecycle management, and our role as thinkers and doers.
- Ramping up your involvement on automotive product development projects in the Detroit area to support engineers and program managers with their PDM challenges.
- Developing the skills and knowledge required to take more ownership of automotive PDM projects as you start to work independently.
- Growing your network of colleagues and client stakeholders by being a human interaction guru.
- Using your talent to support other areas of the US business as it grows, e.g. recruitment, business development, social responsibility, wellbeing or marketing
- Teaching us your talents and ambitions and planning out a progression, training and development plan with your line manager.
- A great salary and benefits package.
- A massive 24 days paid vacation as standard (plus holiday trading) that increases every year.
- Career and progression planning that is based on merit.
- The opportunity to experience big business and small start-ups, with projects that can be hard work, exciting and rewarding.
- A Grade A team of smart and friendly colleagues who will support and value you. We celebrate our successes together and we share the pain when we don’t succeed.
- No-one does what we do, so we’ve had to get good at training and development, and our growth means opportunities for internal progression into more senior roles in Product Data Management, Management Consultancy, or Technical Product Development.
- While we’d prefer you to have a long and rewarding career with QR, our team members are always in demand for senior roles with other companies.
A word on Covid-19 working…
We always look after our team’s mental and physical wellbeing, so we combine working from home with safe working on-site with clients when and where we can. We hope to get back to majority working on-site soon, but only when it’s safe to do so.
If joining as an industrial placement student you will be integrated and regarded as part of the wider Quick Release team. As such you will also be entitled to the range of company benefits accessible to all new-starters, including extensive induction training and ongoing development, company performance-related bonus, cycle to work scheme and product discount schemes.
Current students, those approaching graduation and recent graduates can apply for graduate jobs and 1-year placements by completing the application form at the bottom of this page. It's the same form for both opportunities, so please specify which you are applying for in the form and have your CV ready to upload.
Please note, we currently do not offer short/summer/12 week placements.