Manufacturing Engineer Industrial Placement Wolverhampton 2024
Are you looking to kick-start your career with a flying start within the Aerospace industry? Then consider joining us here at Collins Aerospace where you can learn more about the industry whilst finishing your degree.
Collins Aerospace is one of the 3 subsidiaries of Raytheon Technologies and is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re working side-by side with customers on exciting industry possibilities. With a comprehensive portfolio, extensive capabilities and broad expertise, we're crafting intelligent solutions to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market - all representing the best in innovation and technology for the industries we serve across commercial, business, space, and military and defense aviation.
Every 1.4 seconds a flight around the world takes off – and our work is on it. We propel aerospace, defence and the other industries we support far beyond imagination, but there is more work to be done. We need your ideas, inspiration and solutions to continue to help us redefine aerospace.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Manufacturing Engineering department. This is a great opportunity for you to broaden your personal development, experience exciting challenges and built the foundations of your career as a Manufacturing Engineer. In this role, the successful candidate will be providing effective and efficient to; Design engineering, Programmes Operations, Quality and many more.
Upon joining our team your responsibilities might include:
- Developing, improving, and providing innovation to the manufacturing process, including the trial and implementation of new technologies.
- Supporting quality issue investigations, quickly providing robust containment actions, and conducting root cause analysis to implement permanent corrective actions.
- Supporting new product introduction activities, ensuring that new capabilities / methods are at the required level of readiness for production.
- Providing day to day support to Operations, helping to ensure that safety, quality, and output targets are met for a given area of the Wolverhampton facility.
- Authoring, implementing and maintaining a robust ‘standard work’ process deck that meets stringent quality management system requirements
- Ensuring manufacturing methods and processes within the facility are capable of meeting requirements for quality, delivery rate, cost and lead time
Job Holder Requirements
A current undergraduate studying an Engineering related degree, who has an understanding of manufacturing systems, production flow lines and the introduction of new technologies.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Technically competence with the ability to read and create engineering drawings and reports, and metrology results
- An awareness of current EH&S legislation - An understanding of PUWER and Health and safety at work act 1974 would be favourable
- Knowledge of Lean principles and quality problem solving tools
- Experience with CAD packages – preferably NX
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Flexible approach, calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office)
- Good written and oral English language skills
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!