Junior Taxonomist 2021
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is the 5th largest online platform in the UK and is home to the most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We breathe our values of Collaboration, Determination, Imagination and Customer Focus, underpinning the work our talented employees produce every single day, from editorial and HR, to technology and print. We strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
With the broad expansion of our data team, this Junior Taxonomist will have a big impact on how we organise our data. Reporting to the Senior Taxonomist you will interface with a large selection of stakeholders to redesign our current taxonomy. The role is100% Home based and our HQ is in Canary Wharf and we are happy for you to come in to meet with the team when needed.
- Develop browse structures to organize our extensive product selection for our customers globally.
- Expand and refine data retrieval techniques to utilize our extensive
product catalogue and ensure products end up in the right place for our customers.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects with a broad range of business and technical stakeholders.
- Analyse website metrics and customer behaviour data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our navigation structures.
- Help develop tools and update product data.
The Ideal Candidate
- Obsessed with the customer and deepening customer loyalty.
- An expert at identifying ways to improve the customer experience.
- A fan of data and a believer in the opportunities it can unlock.
- A confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration within an organisation and between teams.
- Confident at managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- A self-starter with a can-do, will-do attitude.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences, Knowledge
Management, Information Management, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven skills in data retrieval techniques.
- Experience working with catalogue and classification systems and creation of thesauri.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- This is a home based role
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Healthcare & Dental
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.