Graduate Trainee: Commercial
Our purpose is to create a better way for people to live. We care about the quality of homes that we build, the people who help us build them, the communities we create and the society in which we live.
Our Specialist Graduate Programme is designed to support your drive and ambition to enable you to become an integral part of the business in a department that you are passionate about.
The role will support our Commercial Department in achieving its purpose to deliver best value for the Group and control costs across the build life-cycle from procurement to construction and sale.
In this role you will get to work in various areas of the Commercial Department and be introduced to Redrow’s surveying and procurement processes. Our aim is for you to gain a real breadth and depth of experience and take on early and increasing responsibility.
Over two years, you will be mentored by some of the most experienced people in our industry. From the offset, you will be supported to develop your skills and knowledge through structured training and guidance, enabling you to excel in your chosen career.
Below are some example job responsibilities you may gain exposure to:
- Assess completed supplier appraisal forms to confirm if potential supplier meets Redrow criteria
- Prepare tender enquiry packs and tender list
- Analysis of tenders and preparation of supply proposals for approval
- Attend supplier meetings, preparing material forecasts and generating site/contractor reports
- Issue Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires and assist with Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked and prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Lead
- Assist in monthly progress checklist on site for all relevant sites
- Prepare sub-contract accruals
- Attend sites regularly to provide assistance and support to site staff
These are illustrative duties and the post holder may be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
- Strong business acumen for controlling costs
- Good understanding of data handling, ability to draft reports with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Drive and ambition with a positive “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Creative and problem-solving skills
- Full UK driving licence and own/have access to a vehicle for travel to work and sites where required