Graduate Trainee: Land
Our purpose is to create a better way for people to live. We care about the quality of homes that we build, the people who help us build them, the communities we create and the society in which we live.
Our Specialist Graduate Programme is designed to support your drive and ambition to enable you to become an integral part of the business in a department that you are passionate about.
The role will support our Land Department in achieving its purpose to identify, evaluate and secure sites for residential developments, on the most cost effective basis and maintain a quality land bank.
In this role you will get to work in various areas of the Land Department and learn from professionals such as our land managers and planners. Our aim is for you to gain a real breadth and depth of experience and take on early and increasing responsibility.
Over two years, you will be mentored by some of the most experienced people in our industry. From the offset, you will be supported to develop your skills and knowledge through structured training and guidance, enabling you to excel in your chosen career.
Below are some example job responsibilities you may gain exposure to:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Redrow land appraisal system
- Assist with preparation of bids and ongoing management of land and property acquired
- Ensure efficient database is kept up to date to support current and forward land policies
- Assist in the management of the Forward Land Bank
- Monitor development plan progress in the region and assist in making representations
- Research the planning history of development sites and provide appropriate advice
- Build effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents , land owners and others developers
- Gain knowledge of all technical aspects covering the acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements
These are illustrative duties and the post holder may be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
- Strong business acumen for delivering value
- Good understanding of data handling, ability to draft reports with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Drive and ambition with a positive “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Creative and problem-solving skills
- Full UK driving licence and own/have access to a vehicle for travel to work and sites where required