Science Graduate Birmingham 2021
Will you be graduating from university with a science related degree this year or have done so in the past three years? Rentokil Initial may have the opportunity for you!
In this dynamic operational role, you’ll be utilising the knowledge gained from your studies and you’ll be responsible for delivering an expert Pest Control service to our commercial and domestic customers, both new and existing. What’s more you will be out in the field and not stuck behind a desk!
We are Rentokil Initial, a FTSE 100 company and leaders in innovation in our areas of expertise. We have a family feel but with a global reach, operating in over 80 countries. Did you know that over the last 5 years we have expanded significantly and we are proud to share that Rentokil Initial was voted one of the ‘Best Places to work 2020’ on Glassdoor, we think that’s pretty cool!
Our commitment to you
Service, Relationships and Teamwork are our core values and we are looking for motivated, down-to-earth and dependable individuals to join our growing team.
We understand that training is essential to bring out the best in you and develop your knowledge and skills. Throughout your career with Rentokil Initial you will keep learning and be supported with new tools, products and services as we continue to make new advances.
Diversity and Inclusion is fundamental to the success of our business, our people are what makes us great. Whatever your experience or background, age or education, with the right attitude and values, there’s a perfect role for you here at Rentokil Initial. We want to hear from you! Join one of the largest service companies in the world, protecting people from disease and enhancing their lives through health and wellbeing.
What you will be doing
Working in Birmingham, this is a field based role for someone who wants to manage their own time and spend the day solving bespoke customer problems face to face.
In your first 12-18 months, you will cover a dedicated geographical area as a Pest Control Technician, supporting our customers with their pest control issues whilst obtaining full training.
Between 12-36 months, you will have an exciting opportunity to choose your own career path down the following routes:
- Sales Surveyor
- Field Biologist
- Service Team Leader
- Key Accounts Manager
We’re looking for Graduates who:
- Have a minimum of a 2.2 in a Science/BSc related subject
- Own a full UK driving licence
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with people daily
- Want to work hard and be successful but also who like to have fun
- Can be flexible with working patterns to support business needs
In return, we offer:
- A basic salary of £19,000, increasing to £20,914 once you are fully trained. Expected OTE of £27,000 per annum
- Numerous progression opportunities
- The opportunity to work within a diverse, fast-paced, and growing company
- Full training, continued support and development opportunities
- You will gain an industry recognised pest control and customer service qualifications
- A company van and fuel card
- Bonus and commission scheme
- Paid overtime
- Benefits such as access to friends and family discount scheme called RI Rewards where you could earn discounts in over 3000 retailers