Graduate Simulink Engineer 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen skilled individual to join the Rolls-Royce Controls System division. You will be working to further improve our embedded, safety-critical software systems processes, the output of which are used by our teams to support the development of our world-leading engine control and monitoring systems.
Rolls Royce recognises the critical importance of high integrity systems to the value of its products and is committed to developing world leading capability in this area. The division is engaged in an exciting period of growth and development; working on both new products and product technology demonstrators supporting industry trends of electrification, engine intelligence, and environmentally sustainable technologies.
We have bases in Derby and a state-of-the-art facility located on the Birmingham Business Park. We support flexible and remote working.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. Our work is complex, innovative, highly challenging and rewarding, and it takes a range of professionals to do it. Having the right people means we can deliver excellence to our customers and pioneer the power that matters.
- Work across disciplines to understand the requirements and constraints of the customer and the product design.
- Develop requirements, designs and simulation cases in Simulink which you will integrate into product architectures and validate through use of simulation cases at both component and system level.
- Actively collaborate as part of the community of developers continuing to learn from others and sharing your knowledge and skills for the benefit all.
- Innovate and identify improvements to development practices that allow safe high-quality products to be produced at reduced costs.
- Work productively as part of an Agile team within a scrum framework, contributing fully to the goals set by the team, ensuring that the team is able to deliver what it commits.
- Collaborate with external companies and leading experts (internal and external).
- Develop new technologies, methods and architectures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree qualified in STEM
- Experienced in one or more of the following:
- Model driven development – ideally in high integrity applications.
- Software development using Simulink – design, integration and simulation of solutions to meet the needs of an overall system design.
- Real time embedded software engineering.
- Cyber Security Engineering.
- Be able to manage tasks to completion ensuring that the relevant areas of the business are appropriately informed.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and an ability to understand the level of analysis required. Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to research application issues and products by being outward focussed and able to seek solutions/information from outside of immediate area, including suppliers, universities, customers, related industries.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer optimum performance. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.