Product Control Graduate 2021
A Product Controller within the Finance function will be part of the team responsible for daily P&L, asset valuation and regulatory submissions. In conjunction with other members of the team, this will involve detailed analysis of P&L drivers including underlying risk and market movements, review of all new trading activity, price verification of the balance sheet and participation in numerous projects.
This role requires extensive liaison with the trading desks, Operations teams, the Actuarial team as well as the Financial Reporting team. Product Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the financial products they monitor and of the strategies used by the business when investing in assets, for which the fundamental goal is to meet pension liabilities as they come due over a long time horizon. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role, which would suit dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed.
Candidates would be expected to study for the ACCA or CIMA exams. When you join us your work will initially be focused on the P&L and regulatory reporting (Solvency II QRTs) and as you progress you will be expected to work on the various work streams of the Product Control function.
Skills & Experience:
- We recruit from all academic disciplines; although a high degree of numeracy is required.
- Excellent academic credentials are essential. You must have a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent degree from a leading university.
- A desire to obtain ACCA or CIMA accreditation.
- Internships & work experience in the financial services is highly desired but not essential.
- You will need to demonstrate a clear interest and intellectual curiosity in the financial markets
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite.
How to Apply:
- You will need a 1 page CV and a 1 page cover letter (PDF format) that states in 300 words or less, why you want to work for Rothesay Lif, why we should consider you and why you believe the match between yourself and our Company is a good one.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.