Actuarial Rotation Internship 2021
Rothesay is a UK insurance company purpose built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £60bn of assets and securing pensions for over 800,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
What we offer
- This is an opportunity to experience working in two of Rothesay’s actuarial focused divisions.
- You will spend one week in our Pricing and Reinsurance team, team, which focuses on the pricing, underwriting, negotiation and execution of new pension and reinsurance deals, working on the largest deals in the market.
- You will also spend one week in the Capital team, who focus on life insurance reporting and the monitoring of regulatory and economic capital, the computation of balance sheet impacts for a wide range of prospective asset and liability transactions, and delivering strategic regulatory-driven projects.
What we are looking for
- We recruit from all academic disciplines; although a high degree of numeracy is essential.
- Impeccable academic credentials.
- You will need to demonstrate a clear interest in a career in actuarial science.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
How to apply
- You will need a 1-page CV, with a cover letter (PDF format) that states in 300 words or less why working at Rothesay would be of interest.
- Applications will be accepted until 30 June 2021 but will be reviewed on a regular basis so early application is encouraged. The times for interviews will be confirmed to applicants who are invited for these rounds.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.