Equity Advisory Summer Analyst Programme 2021
Our Equity Advisory team is a key pillar of our Global Advisory business and is the market leading Equity Advisory team globally. It has been an independent adviser on over 430 equity offerings since 2009 with a combined deal value of over €390 billion, across the full spectrum of IPOs and other equity offerings. The work is heavily skewed towards transactions rather than pitching, with a strong pipeline of deals and the team works closely with the M&A sector teams as well as our market-leading debt advisory team. It is also close to the equity markets, advising on valuation, tactics, execution and implementation.
Recent landmark transactions include:
- IPOs of AIB (€3.4bn), Innogy (€5bn), DONG Energy (€2.6bn), ABN AMRO (€3.8bn)
- The world’s largest ever IPO – Alibaba ($25bn)
- The world’s largest ever auctioned block trade – Vodafone / China Mobile ($6.6bn)
- Largest ever European Corporate Mandatory Convertible Note – Bayer (€4.0bn)
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- On track for a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in your university degree
- Genuine interest in corporate finance with good commercial awareness
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines
The programme begins with an intensive classroom training programme covering technical skills (accounting, valuation and modelling) as well as internally led presentations and soft skills training.
Day to day
After the training, you will join the Equity Advisory team for the remainder of the Internship. There will also be networking events and learning sessions over the course of the summer. You will be given meaningful responsibility as soon as you join the desk, allowing you to fully encounter day-to-day life at Rothschild & Co. At the end of the Internship, you could be considered for a permanent role on our Graduate Programme once you have finished University.