Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
Rothschild & Co is one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory groups. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled global network of trusted professionals and decision makers. This means that we have in-depth market intelligence, bringing us closer to current issues than any other global financial institution.
Our 3,800 talented employees spread across in 50 offices around the world have a strong track record of outstanding execution in three business lines: Global Advisory, Wealth and Asset Management, and Merchant Banking.
It is this combination of scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allows us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners.
Graduate and Intern Recruitment
- Working with the Head of Graduate Recruitment and Recruitment team to help identify the recruitment and training needs for certain programmes within Global Advisory, Wealth Management and Merchant Banking both within the UK and globally
- Organising meetings with student societies, helping to select preferred suppliers and negotiating competitive rates and managing the relationships to ensure the packages are fully utilised to advertise all programmes and events
- Co-ordinating marketing events - liaising with universities, societies, regional and global offices, booking venues, ensuring marketing materials and stands are ordered and delivered on time, sourcing business representatives to attend, attending and taking ownership for allocated events
- Helping to write job adverts, job descriptions and brochure and website content
- Working with the in-house Creative Services team to create marketing materials, i.e., brochures, flyers, posters
- Ensuring all pages on the Rothschild & Co careers website are up to date
- Posting vacancies on the Rothschild & Co careers website and university careers portals
- Conducting a first screen of the candidate applications and creating a shortlist
- Logging and tracking applications via the online recruitment system and other associated spreadsheets
- Organising first and final round assessment days - liaising with candidates, sourcing assessors, booking rooms and catering, scheduling interviews, creating and distributing interview packs, tracking interview feedback
- Conducting first round interviews with business representatives
- Extending offers to successful candidates and communicating the outcome and feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- Onboarding of Interns and Graduates - preparing and sending out offer letters, liaising with external consultants to obtain visa and work permits where applicable, uploading personal details onto relevant HR systems, organising and monitoring reference checks
- Arranging reimbursement for candidate travel and logging vendor invoices
- Organising hotel and travel arrangements (international and domestic), including foreign currencies, hotels etc. as required
- Reconciling expenses and claims promptly and accurately as required.
Graduate and Intern Training Programmes
- Providing comprehensive support to the programme managers prior to and throughout the eight-week Global Graduate Training Programme, the Spring Insight Programme, the Summer and Long-Term Internship Programmes and the Work Experience Programmes
- Co-ordinating presentations, workshops and training sessions during each of the programmes including booking rooms, sourcing representatives, sending out calendar invites and ensuring all speakers are fully briefed
- Liaising with external training providers to ensure all training materials are ordered and delivered on time and then distributed at the correct times throughout the programmes
- Helping to organise and attend social events – working within a set budget to identify suitable venues, liaising with the venue contacts to negotiate the best packages, working with the team to confirm the orders and payment schedules, inviting attendees and sending reminders
- Being one of the main points of contact for interns, graduates and trainers throughout the programmes
- Responsibility for gathering feedback from the delegates at appropriate points in the programme and updating the programme managers and trainers
- Co-ordinating the allocation of buddies and mentors
- Organising all of the induction packs for new starters
- Co-ordinating the appraisal process for interns – sending out communication to interns and managers, tracking and collating feedback via online appraisal system, preparing appraisal packs, organising, and attending conversion meetings.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills – to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise workload, multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive attitude with the ability to demonstrate initiative, attention to detail and reliability
- Self-motivated, committed, highly productive, with a flexible approach and ability to work within a team
- Previous graduate recruitment experience in a large organisation is preferred but not essential.
Our goal is to have a balanced, inclusive and flexible environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations, and to ensure that Rothschild & Co provides longer term opportunities for talent.