Merchant Banking Private Equity Long-Term Internship 2022
This London based 6 month internship is an exciting opportunity to intern at the centre of Rothschild & Co's Merchant Banking business as part of the Business Development team.
Merchant Banking manages over €16.2bn globally which includes funds dedicated to corporate private equity, senior and junior credits, primary and secondary fund investing and co-investments. Our team is based in London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Luxembourg and is comprised of more than 170 professionals.
- Key focus on strategy initiatives for Merchant Banking including identifying and evaluating new product initiatives
- Researching competitors, benchmarking performance, evaluating market growth opportunities, creating investor briefing packs – using all sources of information
- Content support for investor due diligence questionnaires / RFPs as well as ad-hoc content creation and bespoke analysis in response to specific investor requests
- Preparing consolidated cashflow forecasts and summaries for investors who have exposure to multiple Merchant Banking funds
- Developing relationship skills through exposure across the Merchant Banking business and our clients
- Teamwork: ability to build effective relationships between individuals, teams, lines of business and across geographical/cultural boundaries
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills: versatile style; good listener; creative; patient; self-confident, but not arrogant
- Proactive, highly organised and methodical approach to working
- Ability to work independently and take a high level of responsibility with drilled in ‘zero defects’ standards
- Highly analytical and numerate; able to manipulate data and produce sound analysis with an ability to synthesise complex information
- Enthusiasm for developing these skills and applying these skills creatively
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Outstanding academic track record (2:1 or above; obtained or expected)
- Previous experience at either a leading investment bank (M&A, Leveraged Finance, ECM), private equity firm, or top tier strategy consulting firm.