Royal Bank of Canada is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to institutions, corporations, governments and high net worth clients in over 100 countries.
We understand that the first steps in any career in finance are critical. With that in mind, we have the right formula to provide you with the opportunities and professional development you need to turn those first steps into a rewarding career.
You'll be part of a company with a superior financial track record, credit rating and reputation. In fact, we maintained a high credit rating throughout the financial crisis.
Interns will gain hands-on experience within our Technology function and receive career-building mentorship. Every year we recruit successful applicants into our London Technology teams within many areas suited to the interests of driven and focused students. We are committed to hiring the best students as we understand the value of growing talent from within the Summer Intern Programme and the significance that this diversity brings to our workforce.
As a Summer Intern you will be placed within a key area of our Technology function to develop an insight into the responsibilities of a full-time Technology Analyst in areas covering the Front to Back Office, Infrastructure and Application Support. You will be working on innovative front to back technology solutions to transform the way RBC do business. You will gain valuable exposure to the operations of a major international investment bank, as well as the hands-on experience you need to kick-start your career.
Learning from experience
During the course of the programme, Summer Interns are given various projects to complete which may include:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to establish and analyse business needs
- Drive improvements in processes, services and products for the business and our clients
- Evaluating systems, integrating and developing necessary software
- Testing and deploying tools and applications
Training and development:
You will be supported and developed in numerous ways throughout the programme including:
- Classroom based training covering commercial and industry knowledge
- Speaker Series - regular cross-division information sessions delivered by our leading market professionals
- On the job training
- Buddy programme
- Networking and shadowing opportunities
- Social events with the wider 2019 Capital Markets cohort
You will receive mid and end-of-summer reviews as well as constructive feedback from your business manager throughout your placement.
Great care and resources have been devoted to ensure that at the end of the programme you have a solid understanding of the elements necessary for a successful career in the Technology function.
What do we look for?
- A passion for Technology
- An interest in finance
- Technical skills (e.g. Python, Java, C#, C++, databases, networks)
- Team-working and inner drive
- An analytical mind-set and ability to problem-solve
- A commitment to developing creative solutions