At the Royal Society of Chemistry we believe that chemistry is at the centre of everything we can see, smell, touch and taste. We are a catalyst for the chemistry that enriches our world and we are now looking for graduates to join us in our mission.
As part of our relaunched graduate scheme, you will work in three areas of our business for six month placements over the eighteen month scheme. These areas focus on setting and maintaining professional standards, improving and enriching the teaching of chemistry and working with our communities, members and partners in industry to enrich the teaching of chemistry (further details are provided in the Job Description attached).
You will be involved in projects and supporting the teams working in these areas; as well as opportunities to build knowledge across our diverse organisation. You will have an excellent opportunity to develop your business knowledge and gain new skills and experience.
We are looking for someone with:
- Degree in a chemical or related science
- Keen interest in promoting and working in the chemical sciences
- Good science knowledge
- The ability to make thoughtful and rapid decisions
- Proven organisational and time management skills demonstrating the ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to perform day-to-day requirements with minimal supervision and demonstrate awareness of the impact of their outputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
At the Royal Society of Chemistry we offer excellent benefits, including a subsidised staff restaurant, a flexible 35-hour week, plus much more.
If your application is successful, we will invite you to an interview (which will include a presentation) to be held remotely on 29th July 2020.
*£1,000 relocation cost contribution will be available where relevant.