Graduate Engineer 2021
RPS Water have a requirement for a Graduate Engineer to join the Water Infrastructure team in Exeter. We are looking for an individual with experience in data analysis who is educated to Degree level in a scientific or technical discipline; Masters Degree preferred. Strong reporting and review skills are essential.
In this role you will be working as part of a team providing statistical and economic analysis to our Water Industry clients. For the right candidate, we have a development path that can see you progress into Assistant Project Engineer, followed by Project Engineer within 2-3 years.
Role and Responsibilities
- Undertaking “fitness for purpose” checks on data received from clients;
- Undertaking statistical analysis of data and assist in the development of functional relationships;
- Providing GIS expertise to project work where appropriate (desired but not essential);
- Ensuring audit trails are present between data receipt and delivery to client of resulting spreadsheets, databases etc.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of existing and proposed bespoke software tools / applications as dictated by project work;
- Preparing and maintaining software documentation.
- Assisting the preparation of factual and interpretative reports;
- Discussing draft reports with relevant reviewers and making amendments as required;
- Undertaking research and investigative work relating to project brief where necessary and creating literature reviews and summaries.
- Discussing project briefs with the Technical Manager in order to outline his or her role in the project;
- Acting as Project Lead or Reviewer when nominated on designated projects;
- Assisting when required in the preparation of material for the purposes of marketing, bid submissions, client preparations etc.
- MS Office skills
- Basic knowledge of GIS Systems
- Skilled in the manipulation and handling of large datasets
- Strong experience in reporting and review of data
- Time management and organization skills
- Degree in a Scientific or Technical discipline
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of over 5000 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.