Binnies - Graduate EIA Consultant 2024
Binnies part of the RSK Group are looking for Graduate EIA Consultant working within our Consultancy group on UK Water Engineering projects. As a Graduate EIA Consultant, you will be taking part in our development programme. You will be a valued member of our highly experienced and widely respected team at Binnies.
Binnies treat each Graduate Environmentalist as an individual and will provide all relevant training, development and support so that you may further your career. We are a diverse and energetic team and you will play a key role in contributing to our team’s and companies’ success. The role will also include the opportunity to develop an environmental specialism such as water or natural capital. We have an active Graduate Training Scheme and Environmental Community of Practice and will support you through the various levels of professional membership to eventual Chartership. We will also encourage your development by providing field experience, mentoring and training as required.
Binnies offers you possibilities on an international scale with offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 plus countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Binnies can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) - assisting with undertaking all aspects of EIA at all stages of the project, including SEA, feasibility, screening/scoping, reporting.
- Writing supporting documents for planning applications and other environmental consents.
- Providing general environmental support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure.
- Supporting environmental fieldwork.
- Environmental Clerk of Works roles.
- Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required.
- Have an environmental related degree;
- Have or working towards membership of IEMA or similar professional institute.
- Have a sound understanding of EIA.
- Have excellent written and oral communication.
- Enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and ecology.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (part time available, remote working for part of the role)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare
- Continuous training and development – tailored training agreements towards chartership
We develop intelligent solutions using our award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since our foundation over 100 years ago. We create new possibilities for humanity through our innovative approach to delivery.
Together with our clients, we are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Our business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Binnies is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.