RAA - Graduate Urban Drainage Planner Crawley 2024
RAA Ltd an RSK company are recruiting for a Graduate Urban Drainage Planner to join the RAA team on a permanent basis, based at either our new office in the South Crawley area or in Haywards Heath, West Sussex on a Hybrid basis being in the office for a minimum 2 days per week.
Within this role you will work alongside our Senior and Principal wastewater modellers to support our clients with the following tasks:
- You will work closely with the engineering teams on wastewater and drainage studies, from feasibility through to detailed design stages. You will act in an advisory role across the UK, operating with a high degree of autonomy and self-reliance.
- You will also provide technical guidance and support to our clients, and other divisions within the Group in a team of other modellers, technicians and analysts.
- Use of InfoWorks ICM hydraulic software app to develop integrated 1D or 2D models.
- Undertaking Hydrology Studies and determining appropriate inputs to integrated river and urban drainage catchment models.
- Inputting and manipulating data including Lidar data, Ordnance Survey mapping, asset data, GIS data and other information from a variety of sources.
- Assist with the development of new techniques and skills to expediate the delivery of projects.
- Prepare plans, maps, reports and diagrams.
- Honours degree in a relevant subject area
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Strong technical skills in mathematics, GIS, or Engineering
- Good communication skills in both oral presentations and writing reports
- Ability to manage a workload and work as a proactive team member.
Salary & benefits
- Up to £27,000 per annum DOE
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription
- Access to a range of benefits and discounts through our benefits platform
- Support to provide you with Continual Professional Development
- Life Assurance
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Strategically situated in Staplefield, West Sussex, and Altrincham, Greater Manchester, Richard Allitt Associates is a leading specialist provider of hydraulic modelling, flood risk management and surface water management services in the urban drainage industry.
Our proficient teams of consulting engineers resolve flooding problems in the urban environment using the latest hydraulic modelling and analytical techniques. Additionally, a specialist company division, Remote Aerial Surveys, offers high-quality mapping and aerial surveying services.
We are a team of 25 and joined RSK in March 2022. From offices spread throughout the UK, we have been providing interconnected flood risk consultancy services, including hydraulic modelling, urban flood forecasting, catchment planning, hydrology, surface water and drainage assessments and flood risk management. Clients include Scottish Water, Anglian Water, Wessex Water, Severn Trent, Southern Water, the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Network Rail.
Richard Allitt Associates is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.