Graduate Developer Manchester 2021
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Our mission is to provide excellent software solutions for Small Businesses.
This is a great opportunity to work as a Graduate Developer in a dynamic team responsible for building high quality online software to that is easy to use for our customers.
Reporting to a Team leader, the Graduate Developer will be required to contribute to building, enhancing and maintaining software solutions to enable Sage’s business plans and long-term objectives using the identified architecture. This role will be working in a supportive team.
The Graduate Developer’s primary focus will be on gaining the required skills and knowledge to become an effective and productive member of the team and will design, develop and deliver high quality products and/or systems and services.
You will be part of the Product Function at Sage; the team that develops products for our customers, who are the focus of everything we do. We’re looking for Graduates who can deliver real value to our customers, by solving problems and providing solutions through innovative ideas.
We’re creating a culture that’s well connected, open and collaborative. Our graduates will be encouraged to learn and experiment in their work as part of a continuous innovative community. Our colleagues are passionate about our customers, and support each other to leverage their skills and know how.
Throughout the 2-year Graduate programme and your career at Sage, we want you to be enthusiastic about your personal development, and continuously learn new things to strive for excellence. We expect a lot from our Graduates, and will encourage you to bring innovative ideas to add real value for our customers, in an environment where ambition for future progression is rewarded.
You will be a natural problem-solver with a curious mind, who has a passion for software development/programming. Taking pride in your work is essential, as is the desire to continuously improve and you mustn’t be afraid to make mistakes, as these are learning opportunities!
- Complete all required training and mentoring sessions
- Ensure all development is completed to the required quality standards.
- Look to increase both technical ability and domain knowledge through active participation in the project development life cycle.
- Create/maintain documentation for all deliverables to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
- Contribute to the process of documenting technical requirements for data, workflow, and interfaces with other systems and/or services where required.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology areas.
- Seek out and act upon feedback from team members
Key performance indicators
- Complete assigned development tasks to agreed level of quality and by the required deadline.
- Complete required training in both software development and data domain.
- Ensure adherence to best practice coding standards, testing procedures and departmental processes.
- Provide estimates and track own activities against plan.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely estimates and track own activities against plan
- Actively contribute to retrospectives/debriefs in areas of responsibility to develop the teams’ abilities
Skills, know-how and experience
- Good numerical reasoning and logic ability with problem solving skills
- Be an active and enthusiastic team player
- Demonstrable desire for learning and self-progression
- Good communication skills
- 1-year practical experience, or professional experience
- A relevant STEM or an alternative degree supported by a keen interest/demonstrated experience in Software Development.
Our Graduate Recruitment process
- Apply online with CV
- Complete screening
- Complete video interview (You will receive a link to complete a video interview within 1 week of applying)
- Attend Assessment Centre (Held June 2021)
If successful, you would join our Graduate Programme on 4th October 2021