Graduate Digital Workspace Engineer Newcastle 2021
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
In support of Sage’s vision, the IT function continues to move to a global operating model. Our mission is to transform the way IT is delivered to customers and colleagues across the world with an emphasis on simplicity, mobility, efficiency and service.
A key underpin of this vision is ensuring our colleagues have the right tools, capabilities and services to enrich their digital workspace environment, helping to maximise their productivity and enhance the colleague (and customer) experience. Reporting to the digital workspace team lead, the Graduate Digital Workspace Engineer will work alongside a team of infrastructure engineers responsible for the delivery, evolution and operations for core productivity and collaboration platforms such as MS Office 365, end user computing environments which span Windows/Mac/IOS/Android with management tools such as InTune/Azure AD as well as meeting room and other collaboration technologies that support our 13,000 colleagues today and help underpin services provided to millions of customers around the world.
The Graduate Digital Workspace Engineers primary focus will be on gaining the skills and knowledge required to become an effective and productive member of the team. This role provides exposure to a broad set of fast-evolving cloud based technologies, security, automation and how technology can drives improvements in how colleagues perform their tasks and work better with each other.
- Complete all required training and mentoring sessions.
- Work with the digital workspace team to drive the adoption of cloud technologies such as office365, MS teams and associated capabilities across the business
- Help identify and communicate developments in the desktop, collaboration and productivity technology, often through show and tells with large global suppliers such as Microsoft and other meeting room and end user computing suppliers.
- Work with colleagues in the team to understand business process and evolve/adapt our desktop, meeting, collaboration and productivity technology to match our colleagues/customers needs
- To help operationally manage and maintain large, global environments around end user computing and MS office365
- Review and support the resolution of 1st line incidents coming through to the team.
- Represent digital workspaces team and process on projects, with the ability to understand project requests and relay them back to the team to provide engineering estimates.
A relevant STEM degree or a business/finance degree or an alternate degree with demonstrated knowledge/experience in Digital Workspace Services is essential.
- Apply online at Sage Careers website
- Complete video interview sent by Outmatch.
- If successful, you will be invited to an Assessment Centre in August.
- Start date is October 4th 2021