Graduate Operations Specialist Newcastle 2021
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us email@example.com for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the Graduate Operations Specialist is focussing on helping the IT function to enhance, deliver and support high quality services and/or systems in support of Sage’s vision of a true global operating model.
Our mission is to transform the way IT is delivered to customers and colleagues across the world with an emphasis on simplicity, mobility, and efficiency.
The Graduate Operations Specialist’s primary focus will be on gaining the skills and knowledge required to become an effective and productive member of the team that is responsible for how IT services are delivered to our colleagues and customers. This role provides exposure to a broad set of technologies and industry frameworks with regards to IT operations and processes, such as ITIL.
- Complete all required training and mentoring sessions.
- Implement monitoring requirements for all services, working with the service owner.
- Monitor all live services to ensure they are functioning within acceptable parameters.
- To review alerts and take the necessary remedial actions including escalation where necessary.
- To continually improve monitoring systems and thresholds to eliminate false positives.
- Review and support the resolution of 1st line incidents coming through to the team.
- Perform comprehensive handovers, ensuring the team taking over are well briefed on outstanding issues, task and have an overview of activities performed.
- Ensure the Major Incident, Change and Problem Manager and IT Operations Manager are kept informed of progress on operational incidents and resolutions where appropriate.
- Follow processes for the maintenance and support of the Sage IT landscape.
- Seek out and act upon feedback.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology areas.
A relevant STEM degree or a business/finance degree or an alternate degree with demonstrated knowledge/experience in IT Operations is essential.
- Apply online at Sage Careers website
- Complete video interview sent by Outmatch.
- If successful, you will be invited to an Assessment Centre in August.
- Start date is October 4th 2021