Graduate Software Developer/Software Tester 2021
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Job DescriptionThis role is one that demands curiosity, a passion for learning on the job and being managed to build up a skill set that will enable the team member to confidently test Sage Products and Services. As part of the Graduate Test Engineer role, the team member must adhere to the team processes and test standards already in place and develop an appreciation and understanding of test practices and principles. Graduate Test Engineer will work closely with the delivery team to accurately record and communicate issues found during test phases and accurately record time spent on tasks during the project.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Gain an understanding of how customers use the products under test
- Gain an understanding of formal testing principles, approaches and test automation tools and techniques
- Seek to learn and demonstrate a level of understanding of the system under test
- to allow creation of test artefacts
- Follow a test plan and execute against this in a timely manner to deliver on sprint
- Create test artefacts that maximise the efficiency of the test phase, cover all
- requirements and allow for a timely delivery of products and/or components
- Run and maintain existing test automation scripts for the product or component
- under test
- Carry out such tasks as directed to meet the needs of the business
Key performance indicators
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Learns quickly when facing new problems
- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging
Skills, know-how and experience
- Enthusiasm to learn & fully participate in Graduate programme
- Natural high level of attention to detail in all aspects of working
- Good problem solving always providing logical solutions and options
- Clear verbal and written communication style
Great if you have
- Previous exposure to testing and the design and implementation of test artefacts
- Awareness of the Software Development Lifecycle and the methodologies that might be utilised
- Focused pace - Focus on customer and partner priorities and move at speed
- Adaptation: Iterate and learn to meet changing customer needs
- Accountability: Do what we say we will do and be our best every day
- Seek Diversity: Be open and curious to learn from anyone, anywhere
- A relevant STEM degree or an alternative degree supported by a keen interest in Software Testing.
Our Graduate Recruitment process
- Apply online with CV
- Complete screening
- Complete video interview (You will receive a link to complete a video interview within 1 week of applying)
- Attend Assessment Centre (Held July 2021)
If successful, you would join our Graduate Programme on 4th October 2021.