Junior BI Data Analyst
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
We are looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our very diverse team of data enthusiasts and to help develop and create data driven narratives and insights.
The Business Data Analyst responsibilities include gathering data requirements, evaluating existing systems as is process, creatively delivering data sources for insights and analytics. If you have a background in Data or Information Systems and experience with analytics tools like Tableau and Microsoft Power BI, this could be the role for you. The team help to turn data into knowledge using predictive and analytics solutions.
• Develop records management processes and policies.
• Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes.
• Set up and maintain automated data processes.
• Identify, evaluate, and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing.
• Produce and track key performance indicators.
• Develop and support reporting processes.
• Monitor and audit data quality.
• Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content.
• Gather, understand, and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data.
• Manipulate, analyse, and interpret complex data sets relating to the employer's business.
• Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools.
• Create data dashboards, graphs, and visualisations.
Skills / Know how and experience
• Willingness to learn new tools and skills.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of data analysis tools - you do not need to know all of them at entry level, but you should show advanced skills in Excel and the use of at least one cloud/relational database.
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. MS Access).
• Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques.
• The capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows.
• The ability to carry out data quality control, validation, and linkage.
• An understanding of data protection issues.
• Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.
• The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations.