Junior Cash Reporting and Forecasting Finance Assistant 2021
In this role you will effectively manage the direct cash reporting and forecasting process whilst supporting periodic cash reporting. Great opportunity for a graduate level candidate to build experience within a fast paced business.
What you need to do
- Support the preparation of the corporate budget, forecasts and the corporate plan covering Argos cash flow and balance sheet and other Argos KPIs for the Retail business
- Work closely with Finance teams, developing an understanding of trends in performance, and key issues, activities, and timetables
- Complete weekly cash timings process to ensure appropriate cash management across the business preparing a bi-weekly cash pack to clearly explain to senior stakeholders the reasons for variance to budget and forecast
- Prepare the 90-day cash forecast to provide to Treasury on a weekly basis explaining any significant movements from the previous submission
- Prepare net-debt forecasting on a regular basis in the lead up to half-year and full-year reporting deadlines ensuring all cash income and cash outflow is appropriately captured
- Support in identifying risks and opportunities to achieving the cash budget / forecast
- Support the production of timely, accurate, and insightful periodic management accounts
- Assist in producing reconciliations between the direct cashflow and statutory cashflow providing explanations for any significant variances
- Support in producing accurate and timely management reporting information for various forums and additional forums including insightful commentary to support
- Work closely with Finance teams to establish consistency and develop best practice
- Maintain up to date and detailed process notes documenting processes robustly
What you need to know and show
- Strong academic background
- Effective communicator with stakeholders, ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders & build trusted relationships
- Team player, able to work effectively within frameworks without direct supervision
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Resilience (flexible and able to cope with time pressure, risk & ambiguity)
- A desire for continuous improvement to be best in class
What decisions I can make including budget
- Challenge Finance teams to ensure a clear understanding of reasons for variances to Budget / Latest View and risks and opportunities
- Day-to-day prioritisation of workload
- Prepare reports and commentary for sign off
Support we will provide
- Access to personal development tools inclusive of Bitesize talks, online self-development tools, internal mentoring.
- On the job coaching
What we offer
If being part of a hugely influential team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and a huge range of learning and development opportunities, you’ll also enjoy a bonus scheme, holiday allowance, pension, a save as you earn scheme and staff discounts at Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.