Data Scientist Internship
At Samsung Research UK, the Emerging Solutions team’s role is to develop new technologies and services in new business areas for Samsung. The team currently has a focus on Health and Energy.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist Intern to work in our highly experienced data science team. It is a great opportunity to use data science to solve real world problems and help develop new technology and services which could be commercialised globally.
Through this position the candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to the development of future Samsung products and build a strong network within Samsung, while continuing to enhance their network within other communities (e.g. startup and academia).
We are ideally looking for someone who is available for a 9-12 month placement, however if you are available for a minimum of 6 months we still encourage you to apply.
Role and Responsibilities
The role involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- Designing, implementing and evaluating efficient algorithms for meeting the objectives of the project.
- Leveraging his / her knowledge Data Analytic, AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Time-Frequency Analysis.
- Providing basic technical support to schools to help them set up equipment for Samsung’s Energy in Schools project.
- Strong team spirit and willingness of extending and adapting technical knowledge.
- To collaborate with Schools on Samsung’s Energy project.
Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Engineering fields and / or Computer Science, PhD (Biomedical Engineering preferred) / Under PhD.
- Programming skills in Python or other modern programming languages including Java
- Understanding of Deep Learning & Medical Statistics & Time-Frequency Analysis algorithms.
- Strong python skills for data analytics, familiar with common python packages including numpy, pandas, sk-learn and Keras and/or TensorFlow frameworks.
- Ability to read research papers, and quickly turn the ideas from paper to prototype solutions.
- Good communication skills, ability to learn quickly on-the-job.
- Fluent English speaker