Product Design Placement 2021
Imagine working for a company that is passionate about its people…
At Samsung we approach everything we do with the spirit of a ‘joyful pioneer’- daring to defy barriers and striving to excel limits. At the heart of our DNA is the pursuit of excellence and bringing innovation to everyone, faster than anyone. We realise it’s our people who really make this possible and we are continuously looking for dynamic people to join us and share our vision. With our endless ability to predict the next big wave (and create a few of our own), joining Samsung Electronics will put you in touch with the future and keep your career at the cutting edge of tomorrow’s technology.
We are constantly looking for dynamic individuals who share our relentless ambition, and in return offer people opportunities to grow and ways to express themselves in a truly global enterprise.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join us, and discover your potential.
Purpose of the Role
Under the Atelier team (SDE taskforce), take a role in product design conceptualisation. From our trend research, handle and support the development of new product design and services, to ranging from the current line-up to advanced product concepts following a given brief.
- To be able to handle and manage multi tasks in creative and design fields, under manager’s control.
- To bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of trend & users research, design and concept development.
- Be able to communicate with other disciplines within the design studio and other business functions for appropriate execution of the projects.
- To be part of the design process for European product design development within agreed time, cost and other allocated parameters.
- Be able to envision innovative concepts from trend and users research outputs, propose new ideas that will match the brief or manager’s expectation.
- Plan and execute design projects based on given briefs and schedules.
- Demonstrate high aptitude of information gathering and analysis research
- Support all the additional work for operating design office based on given order by design managers
- Support to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products, and system compatibility where required.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes, manufacturing process and package in cooperation with related business functions involved in the projects.
- Create the documentation necessary to convey the design solutions through renderings, models, mechanical drawings, stories, scenarios or movies.
- Ensure the ‘look and feel’ of the design solutions satisfy the identity guidelines.
- Provide meaningful clues to enhance overall quality of the projects
- Resolve the project related issues with professional and logical manner.
To be successful in this role you ideally have:
- An interest in designing electronic consumable goods, home appliances, TV, mobiles
- Studying towards a degree in Industrial design or Product design.
- A creative innovative approach and hands-on competency to design.
- Ability to work and communicate with other design and business functions.
- Team player and collaborative mindset
Don’t forget to think about the opportunity you would like to apply to carefully, as you are only able to apply to one of our placement opportunities this year.
Please note - You must have the right to work in the UK in order to be eligible for this placement opportunity.