Corporate and Commercial Banking Graduate Programme 2021
To us, you’re not just a graduate trainee. You’re a leader in the making. That’s why our programmes are tailored to equip and empower you from day one. Through comprehensive training and on-the-job learning, you’ll quickly develop the confidence, skills and experience to hit the ground running and maximise your potential.
What it's all about
The Santander Corporate and Commercial Banking Programme is all about building strong, meaningful relationships with our Corporate, SME and Institutional customers. It’s about identifying their ambitions and helping to fulfil them. Don’t worry, we’ll teach you how. Over four six-month placements, you’ll get to work with some of the most influential customer-focused teams in the business. Along the way, you’ll soon develop the technical expertise, skills and know-how to build rewarding relationships with confidence.
What you’ll be doing
During the programme, you’ll benefit from four rotational placements, which’ll give you a good understanding of different parts of our business. Specifically, you can look forward to:
- Working on exciting and influential live projects from the get-go
- Working with a friendly, collaborative bunch of experts daily
- Building rewarding relationships with our Corporate, SME and Institutional customers
- Gaining clear insights into a broad range of products and business areas
- Developing the skills and leadership abilities needed for a successful career with us
Where you’ll be working
Your placements will include one in a customer-facing team within Corporate & Commercial Coverage, and another in a Credit Risk function. The other two placements could be in any of the following: International Trade and Working Capital, Growth Capital, Real Estate Finance, Structured Finance, Capital Management or Digital Transformation.
As such, you could be based in any of the following cities, with the opportunity to move every six months: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cambridge, Bristol, Oxford and London.
What we’re looking for in you
- A 2.1 degree in any subject, 112 UCAS (top 3 A Level grades or equivalent excluding General Studies an Extended Project)
- Excellent numerical and writing skills,
- A knack for truly listening and confidently communicating with customers and colleagues
- A highly collaborative approach to work
- The confidence to share ideas and embrace change
Chances are you’ll know we’re a bank. But did you also know we’re part of one of the world’s leading financial services groups with 140 million customers worldwide? Or that to date we’ve invested over 98 million euros into training and developing our people?
That’s why Santander is an amazing place to start your career. Thanks to our size and scale, we can help you realise your biggest ambitions. Unlock your potential and set it free.
Santander. Setting potential free.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.