Marketing Support Internship Colchester 2022
The role of the Marketing Support Intern is to primarily support and work closely with the Marketing Executive in Colchester Business Improvement District (BID). Based in the Town centre, you will work on the creation, scheduling and implementation of exciting, rich and relevant social media and website content across our two brands. Whilst working day to day for Colchester BID, the employer for the role will be Savills Management Resources.
- Managing social media pages via management tools such as Hootesuite.
- Managing content plans and schedules, proof reading, editing and posting; Content creation includes photography, newsletters, blogs, PR drafts, uploading events onto our website.
- Website management; including auditing, admin & updating.
- Growing social media audience across numerous platforms.
- Business engagement to collect/collate information to share across our platforms.
- Support in maximising income through our B2C website.
- Engaging with audiences on social media, choosing who to follow, which conversations to join.
- Ensuring tone of voice and brand guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Review social and website content and feed your ideas and observations into our reporting.
- Undertake regular detailed competitor analysis.
- Internal stakeholder liaison and engagement.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- To have a keen interest in social media, to be familiar with and regularly using multiple platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn in particular.
- To have strong copywriting skills.
- To have strong communication skills.
- To be very organised and able to work to deadlines.
- To be familiar with Google Analytics.
- To be studying Marketing at University.
- To have studied Business and a Marketing course at College.
- To have undertaken previous work experience that involved marketing.