Accounting and Finance Internship Programme
Who we're looking for
We're looking for numerate and analytical students to join our Accounting and Finance division on our 2021 Summer Internship Programme. Accounting and Finance underpins every organisation, and at Schroders it's a vital function helping support the wider business. We're after students who have a keen eye for numbers, an analytical mind-set and an appetite for challenge.
Our Accounting and Finance Internship Programme is the perfect start for an undergraduate looking to gain real life experience in accounting.
The Finance department at Schroders serves a multitude of functions across the group. Some of its key activities include setting finance policies, reporting financial performance, and providing applications to support different business areas across the globe.
More specifically, some of the main areas include:
- Top-level financial reporting, such as the annual Group Reports and Accounts
- Providing localised management information that helps drive strategy and monitor progress
- Setting policies around tax and accounting practices
- Overseeing employee expenses
Our 2021 Summer Internship Programme starts on Monday 21 June 2021 and runs for 8 weeks ending on Friday 13 August 2021. This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how the Finance department operates within it. You'll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
During your internship you will be assigned to one of our Finance teams.
Some of your tasks may include:
- Participation in the month end close, balance sheet controls, analytical review and reporting processes
- Supporting Finance and the wider business with ad-hoc requests for analysis
- Projects designed to improve the efficiency and service provided by Finance Teams
- Potential to be involved in the annual budget process
What you'll be like
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate and analytical – you'll have solid numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Organised, diligent and methodical
- Collaborative and flexible - happy to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Passionate – You'll be passionate about building a long term career as an Accountant
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
- Predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we're not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- Penultimate year of study or in final year of study but planning to continue further studies after the end of the Internship
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the 2021 Summer Internship Programme on Monday 21 June 2021. The programme ends on 13 August 2021.
We recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.