Solutions Internship Programme
Who we're looking for
We're looking for innovative interns to join our Solutions division on our 2020 Summer Internship Programme. These roles are part of our future leadership programme where we are looking to build graduates with the skills and expertise fitting for a future leader within our Solutions business.
You'll be part of our Solutions division which is split into three areas: Solutions engagement; liability and duration management and growth orientated strategies.
Our Solutions teams work on creating new investment solutions in partnership with other Investment desks within Schroders. Our job is to build bespoke portfolios to target the specific risk exposure that the client is seeking to manage. We also work with our global clients to understand the investment challenges our clients face and help design innovative solutions to meet these.
Our 2021 Summer Internship Programme starts on Monday 21 June 2021 and runs for 8 weeks ending on Friday 13 August 2021. This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how Solutions operates within it. You'll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
During your internship you will be assigned to the Solutions engagement team where you will have the opportunity to work on live projects and shadow senior executives. Some of your tasks may include:
- Supporting the team on providing long-term investment strategy analysis for clients
- Supporting the team on constructing portfolios to deliver the risk management solution the client is seeking
- Working with the team on improving internal processes, e.g. client databases
- Preparing and giving presentations to members of the Solutions team, and to other internal stakeholders
What you'll be like
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate – you'll have solid numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Creative – you'll be able to think outside the box and bring fresh ideas to the table
- Happy to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Be interested in the markets, investment management and global trends
So we want a smart, creative and diverse team. Because the more different ideas we have, the more likely we are to succeed.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
- Predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we're not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- Penultimate year of study or in final year of study but planning to continue further studies after the end of the Internship
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the 2021 Summer Internship Programme on Monday 21 June 2021. The programme ends on 13 August 2021.
We recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.