Corporate Banking Analyst Internship 2022
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work Institute.
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
The role is aimed at providing the candidate hands-on experience in a stimulating and challenging environment, building knowledge and skills in relationship management and credit-related activities in a variety of industry sectors within Scotiabank’s Corporate Banking business.
Corporate Bankers are committed to understanding the clients’ needs and providing solutions to a wide array of requirements whilst building strong and lasting customer relationships.
This is a generalist position where the candidate will rotate across different industry groups to get exposure to and assist different teams in their day-to-day activities with the objective that after the completion of the internship, the candidate will have a good understanding of CIB and the key responsibilities involved.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Assist other team members with the analysis of term sheets and due diligence materials, preparation of credit presentations and recommendations for review by banking senior management, risk management and the London Credit Committee, negotiation of documentation with clients or other banks including closing procedures culminating in the execution of the transaction.
Assist with monitoring of assigned portfolio with duties to include assisting on conducting annual reviews, reviewing compliance certificates and participation in regulatory/KYC processes.
- Research various companies, assets and transactions using public and private information sources to prepare meaningful analyses.
- Work closely with deal teams on live transactions and provide timely client support.
- Provide assistance to the team in the execution of their daily tasks and participate in marketing efforts with Directors/MDs including distribution of marketing pitches.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Take part in a CSR project with the 2022 Interns, and really get to make a difference
- Strong academic background from a leading University or similar top tier institution
- Capable students in final or penultimate year of study
- Available for a 10-week period commencing at the end of June 2022
- Passion for the market and drive to succeed
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.