Private Assets Data Management Internship 2022
SEI Novus is a portfolio intelligence platform where asset owners and asset managers interact with their investments and with each other. We help investors enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem: where the world’s greatest investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
$120 trillion is invested annually on behalf pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. These groups strive to affect the world in unique ways—be it through funding scholarships, protecting pensions, establishing charitable foundations, supporting medical research, preserving wealth, and more.
Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. SEI Novus offers comprehensive solutions for the multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
As a private assets data management intern, you’ll work directly with the client analytics team based in London, but you may be based remotely. Your role will primarily focus around managing documents and processes for large Limited Partner (LP) portfolios primarily invested in Private Equity, Venture Capital and Real Estate investments. This will give you an understanding into both the data and analytical requirements of large institutional investors as well as the data management needed to feed data into a portfolio intelligence platform. You will also learn about the investing styles and techniques of some of the top fund managers in the world by analyzing first-hand how their investments have been reported over time.
What You’ll Do
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating internal databases tracking LP investments.
- Serving as a liaison between Novus and the general partners (GP) to ensure that data templates needed to be delivered to LPs is being collected, reconciled and tracked (internally) appropriately.
- Understanding our OCR technology to process and extract GP documents
- Working with our data analysts in Belgrade to ensure timely extraction of data templates and subsequently delivering them to GPs for completion.
- Understanding the process of ingesting data templates into the Novus portfolio intelligence platform and running checks on the output within the platform.
- Joining the client analytics team on weekly check-in calls to share status updates and raise any roadblocks being experienced with GPs
Critical Skills / Abilities
- Currently in your final or penultimate year of a bachelor’s/master’s degree (ideally in a related field such as finance, business or economics).
- Detail oriented, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; SQL is a plus
- 1 or more internship experiences throughout college; experience in private equity, venture capital or real estate is a plus