Quantitative Research Associate London 2023
A fast expanding Quantitative Investment Management team has a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious investment professional. The set up resembles that of a start-up, implying that your career will not be limited in one particular area of investments but it will have a broad character. Given the broad scope of this role, the candidate will have a great chance of making a strong impact on the firm. We are looking for candidates exhibiting interest in systematic investing, open-minded, and with strong desire for continuous learning and improvement.
The team is relatively new and is experiencing strong asset and account growth, driving ongoing investments into people, data, and tools. Currently the team manages over 30 equity strategies across a variety of geographies, investment styles, and risk/return profiles, including recently launched range of Active Factor ETFs.
The Associate is expected to support the team, broadly split between research and systems/application development to enhance existing investment processes for achieving performance objectives.
What you will do
- Contribute to building a robust and scalable investment system covering database, data pipelines, optimizer, portfolio rebalancing platform and portfolio analysis reports
- Assist in developing research framework and libraries for factor research
- Help ensure the live investment processes and tools are operational
- Build new tools that help with the investment decision making
- Assist in research, development and production of return and risk factors
- Pro-actively improve investment strategies from such perspectives as data visualization, optimization, portfolio construction and risk management.
- All SIEL employees are responsible for the identification, assessment and control of risks and risk events. Employees will maintain a good understanding of applicable policies, procedures, risk appetites and tolerance relevant to their function and or business unit, and are expected to consider current and potential risks when making or informing business decisions. Employees are responsible for the accurate and timely escalation and recording of incidents associated to relevant risks. In addition, employees are responsible for completing all required Risk Management training.
What we need from you
- Knowledge of financial instruments – ideally a genuine interest in equity investments
- Advanced degree in a technical area such as Computational Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- Proficient in programming – Python is a plus
What we would like from you
- Knowledge of managing databases and SQL is desirable
- Research-minded, proactive and curious in investments and technology
- Candidates with strong technical abilities are preferred over all-rounders
- Someone who will embody our SEI Values of courage, integrity, collaboration, inclusion, connection and fun.