Junior Artworker 2021
We are looking for a Junior Artworker to work in our London studio.
The Junior Artworker creates artworks from Design master files, Cascade documents, corporate guidelines and brief supplied ensuring brand consistency and colour application within all packaging technical restrictions. Take ownership of the design and legal pack copy application onto packaging formats, incorporating corporate guidelines and print processes to ensure right first-time artwork.
- To create print ready artwork from design files, corporate guidelines, print specification and brief received.
- To adhere to an artwork checklist, checking all artworks to ensure the highest possible standard.
- To have excellent brand and design awareness, actively supporting the client’s creative design team in maintaining the client’s brand.
- To produce technically correct artwork ready for auto repro. All aspects of packaging being considered including colours, varnishes, whites, printer specification and mark-up.
- To work with Studio Manager, the internal creative artwork team, QA, Pre-production to ensure that all artwork work produced is consistently across the account. To hold range reviews and to communicate issues to the relevant production staff.
- To be fully up to date with all master guidelines relevant to the client you are assigned to. To ensure all ranges are consistent to masters/guidelines, within the range and with other ranges both in progress and on shelf.
- To meet all required deadlines for your assigned client in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To be proficient in all relevant software and to utilise the MIS and any other required systems correctly.
- To actively participate the in the studio team, communicating well and working towards a right first-time approach. To attend internal hero meetings and work with the Project manager to ensure information from the meeting is passed to all relevant production staff.
What you'll need
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communicator
- Organisational skills
- Confidence to work on a variety of briefs and resolve any issues
- Accuracy and high levels of attention to detail
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.