Commercial Upstream Graduate Programme
Why join Shell?
This is an exciting time to be joining Shell. Working in our Upstream Commercial team, within New Energies, you’ll find yourself at the heart of innovative, ambitious projects to find responsible solutions to the world’s energy needs. Learning on the job from some of the best, with real responsibility and engaging challenges.
Designed to give you a world-class overview of commercial business, your first year of the Programme will come with a range of responsibilities, with all the support to explore new ways of thinking and working. Specific duties might include:
- Maintaining a deal funnel of start-up company investment opportunities.
- Performing market and start-up company competitive analyses.
- Supporting due diligence for equity investments in start-up companies.
- Assisting in financial modelling of start-up company business plans.
This role is the first of two Graduate Programme placements. Your second could be within New Energies, or other fast-growing Shell businesses.
We’ll be looking for as many of the following attributes as possible:
- Your passion for sustainability, innovation and the energy industry.
- You are curious, resourceful and have an instinct for spotting market trends quickly.
- Strong analytic capacity and ability to define conclusions relevant for an investment decision.
- You’re a self-starter, with a strong entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, which mean you’ll work well with a diverse group of people.
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners.
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry.
- Working for a globally recognised brand tackling globally significant challenges.
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance.
- A competitive starting salary and opportunity for rapid progression.
The application process for our Graduate Programme is rigorous but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and the self-recorded video interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This stage includes a live virtual case study session with two Shell employees who will host the discussion. You will be assigned a topic relating to an aspect of your case, and then asked to prepare a presentation.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams