Shell Graduate Programme UK 2022
This posting covers all roles across the Commercial, Corporate, and Technical programmes. Shell matches you into a particular programme based on your skills and preference.
Start date: Graduates will be hired and onboarded during quarterly windows in February, May, August, and November 2022.
Deadline: The deadline for application is 20th December 2021. Early application is strongly recommended as Shell recruits on a rolling basis.
The Shell Graduate Programme: Power Change from Day One
Join us as a Shell graduate and step into a world where you’re empowered and encouraged to make a real difference – starting from day one.
You will embark on a three-year training programme tailored to your chosen area (corporate, commercial, or technical), enabling you to develop your leadership qualities and become an accomplished Shell professional while keeping your creative flair alive.
Right from the start, you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, global environment. You will be supervised and mentored with frequent reviews as part of a structured development programme. You will also be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working – all in all, an unbeatable experience.
We know that learning is key to developing yourself both personally and professionally. The graduate programme encompasses a learning framework that includes internal and external courses designed to help you gain the skills you need to succeed. During your first week, you will be invited to join Shell Life, a cross-business onboarding programme, providing an opportunity to create a peer network and interact with leaders from various parts of Shell. The 5-day programme enables new graduates to transition from university to the working world whilst developing an understanding of Shell's business and its role in society.
What are we looking for?
- Ambitious graduates to help us tackle the energy challenge.
- By the time you apply to this graduate programme, you must be pursuing or have completed a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- There are no specific academic requirements for grades at A level or GCSE equivalents. However, we do expect candidates to have a strong academic record.
- Above all else, you should enjoy being challenged, so that rather than being daunted or overwhelmed if a task seems impossible, you welcome the opportunity to be innovative. You also need to be good at absorbing information, analysing problems, making objective decisions and coming up with original ideas. You should have the drive, confidence and resilience to get things done, the flexibility to work well as part of a team, and the credibility to influence others.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognised brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- Comprehensive financial rewards, benefits and on-site facilities
We believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate, and develop; but most of all, be yourself.
Shell’s purpose is to power progress by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multi-source energy system.
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in meeting the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally, and socially responsible ways. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Join us in our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050.