Business IT Graduate
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate in your final year? Join our graduate programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work.
Join our exciting two-year rotational Business IT Graduate Programme within Siemens Operations IT (SOP IT) in Poole, where the projects are stimulating, the experience is fundamental and the rewards are first class. But best of all, there's a real sense that you're being listened to. You will have a voice and be an integral part of our team with real responsibilities from the moment you step through our doors!
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Siemens.
Starting in September for 24 months, you will be supporting projects and initiatives that embrace digital innovation, bringing new ways of thinking and delivering value to Siemens. We want to make sure you get the most out of your time with us, therefore the programme will give you the opportunities to undertake placements in different areas of IT Business in the UK. You will get exposure to a wide range of business and technology challenges.
- Working closely with project managers to ensure key milestones of projects are met.
- Running regular reports to check the status of all IT projects across the region.
- Being involved in cross-functional working & collaboration, driving initiatives to improve customer & employee satisfaction.
- Engaging with Siemens internal customers to understand their requirements and optimise business processes to deliver value.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and cross-function teams to fulfil customer demands and business needs.
- Showcasing cutting-edge technologies to our customers to foster new innovative ways of working.
- Releasing communications for IT projects.
- Running campaigns and promoting IT services and initiatives.
- Managing digital media content.
- Delivering IT training to end users from the Siemens businesses.
- Supporting the development of highly skilled, highly motivated people resources.
- Supporting the development of agile capabilities mindset by providing skills & resource needed to customers and Siemens employees.
What we're looking for
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- You have achieved or on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in Business or Information Technology / Information Management combined with Business.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
- You enjoy using technology in business operations to streamline how we do things.
- Experiences are welcome but not essential.
Is there anything more valuable than going into work, knowing you’re making a difference? Due to the kind of projects we pursue, daily, every one of our employees has a strong hand in shaping the future.
Alongside this you will also receive;
- Competitive Salary (£25000)
- Home-based / Office-based split.
- Great holiday allowance (26 days + bank holidays!)
- Worthwhile pension scheme
- Life, Critical Illness and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Share Plan
- Private Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Perks at Work – Discounts on everyday spending
What else do I need to know?
The graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/grads) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
As a graduate, you'll also take part in the Siemens Graduate Development Programme (GDP) - a solid programme of modules to enhance your core and soft skills. We'll also provide world-class mentoring and useful networking opportunities throughout, to aid your personal and professional development.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Business IT. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.