Communications Placement 2021
Are you forward-thinking and looking to make your mark in an exciting business? As one of the largest engineering companies in the world, we’re proud of our ingenious technologies that make a difference to the societies we operate. This is especially true in our successful Siemens Mobility Limited organisation, the part of the Siemens family which looks after our transport-related operations and solutions in road to rail.
We’re looking for two Communications Interns to join the Siemens Mobility Limited business for 12 months. You will be an essential support to the entire business and team and will work on exciting projects that will build your communications and business skills and be given the flexibility and autonomy to develop your thinking. Your base would be one of the following locations (subject to Covid-19 restrictions): Euston, Poole, Chippenham or Northampton however a portion of your time will be working from home and some UK travel will be required throughout your internship.
- Supporting the delivery of communications activities to deliver key messages
- Ensuring all communications are on brand and adhere to our guidelines and best practice
- Supporting with internal and external event execution and logistics
- Supporting social media plans across a range of platforms including Yammer, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Managing relationships with our agencies and suppliers as a reliable point of contact
- Budget and finance administration for the areas under your remit
- Writing across a range of media and channels for a variety of audiences including internal and external articles, web content, blogs, social media, speeches etc.
- Challenging, questioning and suggesting process improvements
- Identifying and uploading images, videos and other web assets to our Digital Asset Management platform with supporting licensing documentation.
- Maintaining, reviewing and testing web content
- Developing a deep knowledge of how to use and maximise all the main internal communications channels and be a point of contact/troubleshooting for the rest of the team
- Support crisis management situations if required
- Support our partner charities with at least one paid volunteering days in your 6 months (subject to Covid-19 restrictions)
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards or have achieved a 2:1 or above in your degree
- You will be an excellent writer and adept at communicating complicated concepts simply
- You will demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, be willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
We offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Communications. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a pro-rata equivalent salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.