Graduate Quantity Surveyor - Bids and Tendering
Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of quantity surveying?
Do you believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in quantity surveying - So do we.
We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes, start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
This individual will work closely with the estimating and bid management teams, assisting them on larger bids and in parallel be producing smaller estimates.
They will also work closely with all other disciplines throughout the company to ensure that high quality consistent Signalling estimates are produced. The job covers the collation and checking of estimates from multidisciplinary teams which are prepared in all offices.
The Bids and Tendering function is a centralised bidding team that is responsible for the delivery of all bids for Siemens Rail Infrastructure business, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.
- Assist the estimating team around the business with day-to-day requests for information / excel spreadsheet-based manipulation
- Assist the estimating team to Produce / populate customer supplied pricing documentation
- Assist the Bid Mangers around the business when needed to complete tenders for submission
- Attend Bid meetings both internal and client based
- Liaise with asset leads to confirm completion of internal estimates in a timely manner for immersion into the final estimate for submission
- Become fully versatile in the RMM (Rail Method of Measurement) and RIB estimating software package
- Input of estimate data into the estimating database (RIB or equivalent) and checking this data for consistency, errors, omissions and accuracy
- Creation of reports for presentation / reviews
- Attend relevant training courses to expand knowledge in railway technology
- Analysing current and historical data to justify costs and pricing accuracy and competitiveness
- Assist in improving company processes and standards in relation to bid management and the wider functional areas
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds
- Must be flexible and able to work under own initiative
- May be expected to work irregular hours depending on the requirements for each bid
- Travel may be required between company offices
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Comfortable with operating as part of the Tender and Estimating Team
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines
- Knowledge of proprietary estimating systems is a distinct advantage although Training in RIB (Estimating Software) will be provided
- Possess a good understanding of the way in which railway-signalling projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid. i.e. finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs
- The ability to work alone in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer focused skills
- You must have completed or be working towards a degree in quantity surveying or something similar
All Graduates are expected to be fully geographically flexible. The first year will be based at our Chippenham headquarters where our graduate engineers will have the opportunity to experience many of the different engineering (and non-engineering) functions that are carried out on the site. From year two you can be considered to stay in Chippenham or relocate to one of the following locations; York, or Manchester
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of railway engineering.
Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time