Media Communications Production Placement 2021
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of media production and communications? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
We’re looking for a Media Production and Communications Intern to join the Siemens plc Communications Team from September 2021 for 12 months, where you’ll be working on exciting projects that will build your communications and business skills. If you have a passion for media production, digital communications and enjoy being a key part of a great team, this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in media production and communications.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from the internship:
- Supporting the professional delivery and execution of internal and external communications campaigns via digital media channels.
- From videography, video editing, content creation, podcasts to live streaming townhalls, events, etc.
- As a Multi-Skilled Technical Operator, you’ll work in all technical areas of output including the disciplines of lighting, vision control, comms co-ordination, camera operation and mixing through to studio management.
- Maintaining, reviewing, and testing equipment to ensure its fit for purpose.
- Developing a deep knowledge of how to use and maximise all the main internal & external communications channels and being able to advise our stakeholders accordingly.
- Identifying and uploading images, videos and other web assets to our Digital Asset Management platform with supporting licensing documentation.
- Working with our approved agencies or using approved software to create and edit assets to support campaigns.
- Assisting with support and training for key influencers in using the technology and communications channels.
- Working side-by-side with the Communications team and business stakeholders you’ll be responsible for making content and stories come alive to be distributed via various communications channels.
- Supporting the editorial planning of internal & external communications content around our UK and global strategy, including thought-leadership campaigns and social media planning.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and analysing the performance data and effectiveness of content via the communications channels against the KPIs and make recommendations on new ways of working to improve the desired impact.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in a Media and Communications related degree
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- The ideal candidate will be undertaking a degree that involves live broadcasting.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate team members with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of media production and communications. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,908 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.